Haverford Township has just published an updated list of roads that will be closed either partially or completely during the U.S. Open.
The tournament activities run from June 10-16. The road closures that will be in effect for 24 hours a day will begin on June 9. Note that some roads will only be closed from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. starting on June 10. (See the list below).
Up to 25,000 spectators, plus vendors, support people and vehicles and media are expected to descend not just on the Merion Golf Club but on the entire region and township.
The township issued the following updated information Tuesday morning about the road closures:
What roads will be closed?
The Following Roads Will be Closed 24 Hours a Day from June 9 to June 16, 2013:
- Ardmore Avenue from Darby Road to Haverford Road
- Golf House Road from Ardmore Avenue to College Avenue
- Haverford Road from Ardmore Avenue to College Avenue
The Following Roads Will be Closed from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. from June 10 to June 16, 2013:
- College Avenue from Coopertown Road to Haverford Road (east bound)
- Dartmouth Lane (residents only, pass required)
- Ellis Road from Lawrence Road to Ardmore Avenue
- West Ardmore Avenue from Ellis Road to Darby Road
What roads will be open?
- Buck Lane
- College Avenue from Darby Road to Coopertown Road (to Coopertown School)
- Coopertown Road (north of College Avenue) Darby Road (entire length)
- Eagle Road
Residents will need a pass to get into their neighborhoods during the tournament. Detailed information is availble here on Haverford Patch.
The entire information sheet from Haverford Township is also attached to this article as a pdf.