HAVERTOWN – The School District of Haverford Township is
proud to again host the AARP Tax-Aide Program. Free electronic tax preparation and
filing assistance for Haverford Township's senior citizens will be provided at
the Oakmont Administration Center, 50 East Eagle Road beginning February 4,
Taxes will be prepared in the ground floor conference room between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays beginning February 4 and continuing until April 15, 2014. Assistance is by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please call 610-853-5900, Ext. 7050 AFTER January 15, 2014.
Senior citizens seeking tax assistance should bring:
- Proof of valid Social Security numbers for taxpayers and dependents
- Government issued photo ID
- 2013 wage and earning statements
- Retirement statements
- Interest and dividend statements
- Medical/dental/prescription receipts
- Real estate and property tax receipts
- Any other information concerning income and expenses from 2013
- A copy of the 2012 Federal and State tax returns is also recommended.
To access the ground floor conference room, clients can enter the main door facing Eagle Road or use a wheelchair accessible entrance at the rear of the building off Hathaway Lane. Parking will be available along Hathaway Lane. There is also a handicapped parking space in the rear of the building. Some additional parking will be available on the circular driveway on Eagle Road after 9 a.m. only.