Haverford Township has issued notices about the recent roadwork on West Chester Pike and the construction work being done at the Old Quarry.
Here is the breakdown of some of that information:
Old Quarry Project
Since Thursday, June 28, trucks have been hauling dirt into the Old Quarry site— is being built—from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. as part of the construction project, stated a township press release.
The vehicles will be traveling the following route:
- Township Line Road to West Chester Pike.
- West Chester Pike to Gilmore Road.
- Left onto Gilmore Road to Prospect Avenue.
- Left onto Prospect Avenue to Joanna Road, and into the rear gate.
"The empty trucks will come out of the gate at Joanna Road and Prospect Avenue, travel down Joanna Road to Olympic Avenue, left on Olympic Avenue to Gilmore Road, right on Gilmore Road to West Chester Pike and East of West Chester Pike," the press release stated.
The police department will be posting "No Parking Monday-Friday 8am until 4 pm" signs on the below listed streets:
- Gilmore Road from Olympic Avenue to Prospect Avenue (west side of street)
- Prospect Ave. from Gilmore Road to Joanna Road (south side of street)
- Joanna Road From Prospect Avenue to Olympic Avenue (east side of street)
- Olympic Avenue from Joanna Road to Gilmore Road (north side of street)
IMC Construction, who is doing the project, will have a street sweepers to clean the roads during the construction site. The dirt-hauling project is expected to end Friday, July 13.
West Chester Pike Project
The PECO Energy project, where a new gas main is being installed in parts of West Chester Pike, is in its final phase, according a press release by Henkels and McCoy Inc., which has been contracted by PECO to handle the project, which started in April.
The final phase of the project started last month and will continue until Friday, Sept. 28.
Once the project is finished the "impacted streets will be repaved," the press release stated.
The press release can be viewed as a PDF attachment that accompanies this article.