Police have charged Philadelphia resident Tarik Hooks with multiple counts of bank robbery after they say he robbed nine banks in three weeks in the Philadelphia area.
Police say Hooks was the man who robbed the TD Bank on Lancaster Avenue/Route 30 in Haverford on Feb. 12.
Hooks stole $10,534 from the Haverford TD Bank branch, according to the criminal complaint.
Hooks faces charges in the folloing incidents:
- Feb. 2 robbery of Citizens Bank, 121 East City Ave., Bala Cynwyd
- Feb. 7 robbery of Citizens Bank, 543 North Oak Ave., Clifton Heights
- Feb. 8 robbery of Wells Fargo Bank, 65 West Baltimore Ave., Lansdowne
- Feb. 9 robbery of Citizens Bank, 543 North Oak Ave., Clifton Heights
- Feb. 12 robbery of TD Bank, 401 West Lancaster Ave., Haverford
- Feb. 14 robbery of Sovereign Bank, 1 Belmont Ave., Bala Cynwyd
- Feb. 14 robbery of TD Bank, 5501 Ridge Ave., Roxborough, Philadelphia
- Feb. 17 robbery of TD Bank, 5501 Ridge Ave., Roxborough, Philadelphia
- Feb. 21 robbery of TD Bank, 2200 Garrett Rd., Drexel Hill
Hooks was scheduled to make an initial appearance before a magistrate judge Thursday afternoon.
Hooks’ arrest follows an investigation by the FBI Violent Crimes Task Force, in conjunction with the Philadelphia, Aldan, Lansdowne, and Lower Merion Police Departments, and other area law enforcement partners.
- Narberth-Bala Cynwyd Patch: Bank Robbed in City Ave. Acme
- Narberth-Bala Cynwyd Patch: Robbery at Sovereign Bank in GSB Building
- Roxborough-Manayunk Patch:
- Roxborough-Manayunk Patch: Robber Hits TD Bank for Second Time in Four Days