Quick-Thinking Neighbor Saves Haverford Home from Fire

Jim Capobianchi kept the fire at bay with a hose until the professionals arrived. No one was injured.

A family on the 400 block of Upland Road certainly has a lot to be thankful for this New Year.

According to the Delaware County Daily Times, a savvy neighbor saved their house after a deck fire broke out the afternoon of December 30.

“My first thought was to make sure everybody was out,” Jim Capobianchi told the paper, explaining how, after he saw black smoke and made sure no one was in harm’s way, he grabbed a hose and kept the fire at bay until the pros could arrive.

The Manoa, Brookline and Llanerch Fire Companies eventually extingished the fire, which injured no one.

Read the full story here.

HavertownGal January 02, 2013 at 05:50 AM
Whoa, what's this? You don't even report the story yourself and you're sending me to the Daily times? Plus, you have a picture of a fire truck belonging to the Ardmore Fire Department taken from who knows when and at a completely different fire? People have been telling me that Havertown Patch has been going down hill the last couple of months but this is just sloppy and lazy.
Gary January 02, 2013 at 03:21 PM
I'm surprised if he still had his hose connected and ready to go. I have put my hose away for the winter so that it doesn't freeze.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »