Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Haverford High School Holiday Vendor Fair
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Haverford High School
- Why Go: Get some holiday shopping done with over 60 vendors and crafters sharing their goods. Student musicians will be performing throughout the day.
- Cost: Free
Oakmont Fire Company Turkey Raffle
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 7 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Oakmont Fire Company 23 W Benedict Ave, Havertown
- Why Go: The Oakmont Fire Company is bringing back the Turkey Raffle this year to help celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the fire company. All you need is 25 cents to get a spin on the wheel and possibly win a turkey from Acme Market. One winner will even get an entire Thanksgiving dinner! That would be two more things to be thankful for - the fire company and a turkey!
- Cost: 25 cents a spin
Haverford High School Theatre Ensemble presents Amadeus
- When: Friday, Nov. 16 - Sunday, Nov. 18
- Where: Haverford High School Theater
- Why Go: Support high school theater. The show explores the rivalry between Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Antonio Salieri, the court composer for the Emperor of Austria in the late eighteenth century. There are four performances this weekend: Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 and 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cost: $5 for students and $8 for general admission
Outdoor Green Scavenger Hunt
- When: Sunday, Nov. 18, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Community Recreation and Environmental Center (CREC)
- Why Go: Join with family and friends for a good - hearted outdoor scavenger hunt. We will travel around the open space of the Haverford Reserve and discover the different environmental features that make the area so great! Great activity for families and groups with children over the age of 6. Activity includes a bit of walking.
- Cost: $5 per person or $15 per family/group
Hurricane Relief ZUMBATHON
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Greek Orthodox Church of St Luke 35 N Malin Rd, Broomall
- Why Go: Get in shape having fun at a ZUMBATHON. All proceeds go to Red Cross and Salvation Army.
- Cost: $10 donation