Are you selling your home in 2014? Here are a few tips to get you on track for a successful sale.
1) Spring Cleaning. Start early if you're planning a move this year. When putting your home on the market, a fresh coat of paint and shining floors can make a big difference to its marketability. Also work on de-personalizing your house: family photos and stacks of paperwork remind potential buyers that they are in *your* house, but you want them to visualize the house as theirs!
2) Donate unused clothes, furniture and other items to local charities. In addition to downsizing your possessions, you can also get a tax deduction for your effort. Consider Purple Heart, Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity; each of these organizations provides free pickup for large donations.
3) Organize house and maintenance records. When did we replace the roof? Look into your files and collect all maintenance records. If something hasn’t been cared for in a while, consider a check-up from a local professional.
4) Talk with a real estate agent to review your neighborhood’s market outlook. Understanding home values will help you develop realistic expectations for a competitive sale price.
5) Where are you going? If you’re selling your house and buying a new home, speak with a real estate agent about market outlooks for your destination neighborhood.
I hope these tips are helpful. If you have any questions, please be in touch!
Michelle Cross Smith, Realtor
Century 21 Alliance 3012 Township Line Rd. Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Office: 610-449-6006 Cell: 610-506-1505