Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events:
'Witchhazel' Is Your Favorite?
- When: Sunday, Feb. 17 from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Morris Arboretum, 100 East Northwestern Avenue
- Why Go: Grab your family and head over to the Arboretum for a day of fun and exploration. Follow the scavenger hunt to discover the many varieties of witchhazels growing at the Arboretum. Ranging in color from yellow and orange to pink and red, witchhazels are some of the first harbingers of spring. Compare their beautiful flowers and take in their heady scent. After your hunt, stop back at the Visitor Center and make a fun craft.
- Cost: Free with Admission
Professional Artist Exhibition Opening Reception
- When: Friday, Feb. 15 from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Art Center 746 Panmure Rd, Haverford
- Why Go: Main Line Art Center is proud to present the work of their Professional Artist Members. Selected through an competitive process, these 56 Members represent some of the most talented artists working in our region.
Merion Concert Band Winter Concert
- When: Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Harriton High School 600 N Ithan Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Come with the Merion Concert Band on a trip around the world. From Spain with the fiery pasodoble Amparito Roca, to Ireland and Scotland to experience Gaelforce, and much more.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 6 pm
- Where: Unitarian Fellowship of West Chester 501 S High St, West Chester
- Why Go: Unitarian Congregation of West Chester presents"Lucy, I'm Dead." Tickets include wine, hors d'oeuvres, finger food, chocolate desserts and the show, performed by Without a Cue Productions. (Adult content 15 years or older.) This event is opened to the public but seating is limited. You must reserve your seat by e-mailing Marie Steel at email@example.com or call the office at 610-692-5966. Cash or check will be accepted at the door. Go to www.ucwc.org for general information.
- Cost: $35
Play4Kay - Pink Basketball Games
- When: Saturday, Feb 16 at 1 pm
- Where: West Chester University 700 S High St, West Chester,
- Why Go: The PINK ZONE is now called Play for Kay. This is a national event. Women play at 1 pm and Men at 3 pm. Join in the fight against breast cancer and support the WCU basketball teams.
- Cost: $6 for adults and $4 for youth