Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out our top regional events for this weekend.
- When: Friday, Oct. 26 - Sunday, Oct. 28
- Where: Chestnut Hill College and downtown Chestnut Hill
- Why Go: Magic is coming to Chestnut Hill this weekend with the very popular Harry Potter Weekend and the 3rd Annual Philadelphia Brotherly Love Quidditch Cup Tournament at Chestnut Hill College. Come out and cheer on the quidditch teams, visit shops you only read about in the books like the Leaky Cauldron and Weasley’s Wizarding Wheeezes, have your kids participate in a horcrux scavenger hunt, magic shows, the sorting hat ceremony and more. There are events for adult and child muggles everywhere. For a complete schedule, please visit their website.
- Cost: Free
2. Halloween In Manayunk
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Manayunk
- Why Go: Enjoy a day of fun Halloween events in Manayunk. The day starts with the 3rd Annual HallowYunk 5K and Fun Walk, a costumed race through Manayunk. From noon - 4 p.m. the kids can come and trick-or-treat through the streets of Manayunk at specially marked retailers. And last but not least the 1st Annual Pretzel Park Fall Festival will be going on from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. There will be face painting, a costume contest, pumpkin painting, a costumed dog parade, family photos, live music and a dance performance. The event ends with a twilight screening of the Bela Lugosi Classic, Voodoo Man at 6 p.m. featuring a special guest appearance by Stella - Host of Saturday Night Dead, the Maneater from Manayunk!
- Cost: Free
3. 3rd Annual Fall Festival and Ribbon Cutting at Cynwyd Trail
- When: Sunday, Oct. 28 from Noon - 3 p.m.
- Where: Cynwyd Heritage Trail E Montgomery Ave & Bala Ave, Bala Cynwyd
- Why Go: Join The Friends of the Cynwyd Heritage Trail and the Lower Merion Historical Society for their Third Annual Fall Festival – “Celebrating the Gateway to the Trail” – on the Cynwyd Heritage Trail in Bala Cynwyd. The event will start with a ribbon cutting ceremony officially opening the historic and newly refurbished Cynwyd Trail Station at Noon. A ribbon will also be cut to formally recognize the opening of the station’s Trailhead, which completes the 2.5-mile trail in Lower Merion. Enjoy food and refreshments, live music, exotic creatures and critters from the Philadelphia Zoo, hayrides, pumpkin hunt, face painting, crafts and giveaways. For additional information, please visit the FOCHT website.
- Cost: Free
4. Media Borough Halloween Parade
- When: Saturday, October 27, at 2 p.m.
- Where: State Street in Media Borough
- Why Go: The 48th Annual Halloween Parade of ghosts and goblins will be lead by 6ABC meteorologist Cecily Tynan and march to music played by Penncrest and Springton Lake bands along with other Delaware County school's bands. Fire trucks, antique cars and plenty of costumes will fill the streets. The parade begins its route at Barrall Field and follows down State Street to Orange Street and on to Front Street. Rain date is 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28.
- Cost: Free
5. Upper Main Line YMCA Haunted Mansion and Halloween Festival
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 6 - 10 p.m. and Sunday Oct. 28 from Noon - 4 p.m.
- Where: Upper Main Line YMCA, 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: The fun starts Saturday night when the YMCA becomes the most haunted attraction of the Main Line with four floors to terrorize you. The next day, when the sun is up and the lights are on, bring the kids for a Halloween Festival which will include a "Lights On" tour of the haunted house plus hayrides, crafts, pumpkin painting, storytelling, face painting, moon bounce, and more. Food concessions for fee also available. All proceeds go to our Changing Lives Annual Support Campaign.
- Cost: $13 Saturday Night; $10 Halloween Festival on Sunday