Mother’s Day is Sunday and so Patch put our readers to the test to tell us why their moms were so great.
You rose to the challenge and have now chosen your winner: Lauren Ann Henderson, who wrote about .
"At the end of the day, you could say my mother works three full-time jobs. And she absolutely gives 110% to every single one of them. She is one of the hardest working women I know and I can only hope to be so kind and thoughtful throughout my life," she writes of her mother Sue Henderson.
Lauren Henderson’s family run Carl's Cards and Collectibles in Havertown.
She gets to share the Patch prize package with her mom:
- Weekday Foursome for golf at the Springfield Country Club
- Sunday Brunch for 4 at Springfield Country Club (excludes holidays)
- $50 Gift Card to Tavola Restaurant & Bar
- Devon Horse Show & Country Fair Family 6 Pack (includes 6 admission tickets, 6 ice creams or sodas, 6 hot dogs and an Appetizers at Devon cookbook)
- $50 Gift Card at Media Florist
Click here to read Lauren Henderson’s entire tribute to her mom.
If you haven’t had a chance to read the entries from our other local winners about their wonderful moms, now is your chance:
- Media Patch Winner: Joan Davis: My Fantastic Mom!
- Ardmore-Merion Wynnewood Patch Winner: Leta Borck: My Beautiful Mom!!!
- Narbeth-Bala Cynwyd Patch Winner: Grace Hagan: Why My Mom Is The Best
- TE Patch Winner: Shea Rosadino: The Best Mother
- Roxborough-Manayunk Patch Winner: rachel w:
- Chestnut Hill-Mt. Airy Patch Winner: Michael Bamberger: Why My Mom is the Best
- Springfield Patch Winner: gwen verlinghieri: Best Mom
- West Chester Patch Winner: Katrin Golightly: World's Best Mom!
- Phoenixville Patch Winner: Ashley Pearce: My Second Mom
- Marple Newtown Patch Winner: Bruce Nelson: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's SUPERMOM
We’d love to hear about how great your mom is. Tell your story in the comments below.