Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Sustainable Landscaping Seminar
- When: Sunday, Nov. 11 from 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Reserve, Darby Rd & College Ave, Haverford
- Why Go: Discuss with our landscape architect the benefits of sustainable landscaping and why you should try it too. People of all ages are welcome including scout, church and school groups.
- Cost: $5
- When: Friday, Nov. 9. 6:30 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Sacred Heart School
- Why Go: Support the Sacred Heart Home & School Association and have a good time holiday shopping with over 35 crafters and vendors selling a variety of gift items. Cozzi Jewelers will also be on sight to buy gold and silver, so sell yours while prices are still high. A $5.00 admission includes snacks and beverages, prize, and raffle opportunities.
- Cost: $5
Annual Holiday Carnival and Santa's Arrival
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10 from Noon - 2 p.m.
- Where: Springfield Mall
- Why Go: The Annual Holiday Carnival features games, crafts, a cast of merry characters and of course, Santa's arrival! The first 100 children to visit Santa receive a special gift!
- Cost: Free
Taste of Ardmore
- When: Thursday, Nov. 8., 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Ardmore Toyota
- Why Go: Support the Ardmore Initiative at the Annual Ardmore Taste event at Ardmore Toyota. Attendees will get to sample food from local restaurants, enjoy spirits from local pubs, watch some “local celebrities” strut their stuff on the runway, and enter to win a host of prizes donated by local businesses.
- Cost: $40 in advance, $60 at door
- When: Saturday, Nov. 10, 11 a.m.
- Where:Bryn Mawr Film Institute
- Why Go: Enjoy a morning of Looney Toon shorts including: "Fastest with the Mostes,” “Greedy for Tweety,” “Little Boy Boo,” “Ready, Set, Zoom!”, “The Wearing of the Grin” and “Whoa Be-Gone,”
- Cost: $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for kids.