Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Thursday, Nov. 1 from 3 - 7 p.m. and Friday Nov. 2 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Trinity Lutheran Nursery School
- Why Go: Check out the huge selection of toys for all ages. Baby toys, ride on toys, blocks, puzzles, books, barbies, trucks, games and much, much more.
- Cost: Free
Haverford Library 'Oldies Dinner Dance'
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Barnaby's of America, 1901 Old West Chester Pike, Havertown
- Why Go: The Haverford Township Free Library is hosting a Dinner Dance fundraiser. DJ Tommy Tunes will spin records from the 60s and 70s with some current dance hits as well. Enjoy a buffet dinner, dessert and complimentary draft beer and soda for the first 3 hours. A cash bar will also be available.
- Cost: $35
Cavalcade of Bands Competition
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Where: 200 Irish Rd, Berwyn
- Why Go: The Conestoga High School and the Marching Pioneers will host their Third Annual Cavalcade of Bands competition, 'Stoga Showcase of Sound, on Saturday, November 3, 2012 starting in the late afternoon and ending by 10:00 pm. More than fourteen high school bands, including Haverford High School will perform on Teamer Field at Conestoga High School. It will be an extravaganza of music and color guard performances, bringing over 1,000 people into the stands.
- Cost: Ticket information is available at stogamusic.com.
4th Annual Music & Miracles Karaoke Fundraiser
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Casale, 191 S Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- Why Go: Enjoy a night of karaoke and dancing, hors d'oeurves, open bar, silent auction and musical wall raffle, all while benefiting MusicWorks. Music Works provides music therapy services to restore, improve and maintain the quality of life of all individuals throughout the Delaware Valley who are challenged by autism, special needs, illness or aging.
- Cost: $45
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: The parking lot at 12 E. Lancaster Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: It's the last Clover Market of the season. Come find over 100 vendors with antiques & collectibles, vintage jewelry & clothing, art, fine crafts, handmade items as well as a delicious menu and crafts for the kids.
- Cost: Free
2nd Annual Harvest Hustle
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Anderson & Coulter Avenues
- Why Go: Join over 200 runners and walkers and support The Junior League of Philadelphia. There is a choice between a 5K and a 1 mile walk. All children, adults and families are welcome to join in on the fun.
- Cost: $30