Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
21st Annual Invitational Choral Festival
- When: Friday, Feb. 1 from 7:30 - 9:45 p.m.
- Where: Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, 601 N Lansdowne Ave, Drexel Hill
- Why Go: Eight hundred students from throughout Delaware County. Doors open at 7pm.
- Cost: $5
Pulled Pork Dinner
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2 at 5 p.m.
- Where: Hope United Methodist Church 1108 Steel Rd, Havertown
- Why Go: Enjoy home-made pulled pork dinner. Meals include pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw, baked beans, beverage and homemade dessert.
- Cost: $9
Evening of Music
- When: Saturday, Feb. 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: St. James United Church of Christ 135 Myrtle Ave, Havertown
- Why Go: The concert will feature “Southwoods,” a blue grass band, followed by the Rodleben Women’s Choir (a group from Germany visiting the U.S.) It will be an evening of secular and sacred music. All are welcome.
- Cost: Free
Aquariums and Native Fish
- When: Sunday, Feb. 3 from 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Reserve Darby Rd & College Ave, Haverford
- Why Go: Learn how to set up an aquarium and actually keep your fish alive. Learn how topick and maintain your aquarium and more.
- Cost: $5
- When: Friday, Feb. 1 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Township Free Library
- Why Go: This months First Friday Flick is the recently released HOPE SPRINGS, starring Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell.