Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 at 8 a.m.
- Why Go: Come walk and run off the pumpkin pie at the Turkey Trot, a 5K run and 1.2 mile family fun walk. The walk will take you through the streets of Havertown, whereas the run will be along Karakung Drive. Special appearances from both the “Jogging Turkey” and Santa Claus.
Proceeds for this event will be used to fund upgrades in technology and other related tools for both the students at Cardinal John Foley Regional Catholic School.
- Cost: $30, $70 family
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 from 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Where: Suburban Square
- Why Go: Santa’s parade starts at Trader Joe’s, to the Macy's courtyard via fire truck. Santa greets and shares a free gift. After the parade, visit Santa on the 4th floor of Macy's for a free photo.
- Cost: Free
Turkey Buster Workout
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 at 9 a.m.
- Where: All Saints' Church 1325 Montgomery Ave, Wynnewood
- Why Go: This one-hour class offered by Performance Fitness, a mobile fitness training company, includes cardio, strength training and core exercises. The Turkey-Buster Boot Camp is perfect for everyone regardless of age or fitness level as workouts are customized on site for each participant.
- Cost: Register for free and bring at least one can of food
Artmore Holiday Gift Fair
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: 10 E Athens Ave., Ardmore
- Why Go: Artmore Holiday Gift Fair is a collaboration of local crafters and vendors making handmade gifts and food. Please come out and support local artists and a great non for profit, Indigenous Pitch, all while getting a jump on your holiday shopping!
- Cost: Free