1. The Sounds of Summer Series is back. Bring your lawn chairs for an evening under the stars outside of the Haverford Township Free Library. Have a musical talent or a comic streak? Open mic is to all ages for five minutes maximum. Register below to sign up.
2. Tea and Stitch from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Bring your knitting, crocheting, counted cross stitch, quilting, or other handwork specialty and have a cup of tea. Beginner or experienced, no registration is required.
3. The Haverford Youth Football teams will be scrimmaging the Marple Jr Tigers at all levels at Haverford Reserve. 6 p.m. is Flag Games, 7:15 is 100 lb. Varsity.
4. Performance Fitness "Build A Backpack!" Campaign through September 7 in Wynnewood and Havertown. Performance Fitness has partnered with the Cradles to Crayons "Ready for School" program and set a goal of building 60 backpacks to ensure the success of children in need. Attend any class for just $5.00 per class from now until 9/7. Your donation will go toward our Build A Backpack campaign. For full details, and to register, go to www.BuildABackpack.net.
5. There will be no 10 a.m. to noon public skating sessions at the Skatium on Friday.