YMCA Construction Keeping up a Fast Pace
With just over eight months until the scheduled grand opening, construction crews are working fast at the new YMCA.
Haverford 4th Ward Commissioner Dan Siegel posted the following update on construction of the new Haverford YMCA on his website.
Construction of the new Haverford Area YMCA on Eagle Road (at the old Bubble Gum Factory site) is in full swing. According to YMCA officials, the following is the status as of February 2013:
- Interior work in the new pool area, gymnasium, wellness center and upper floors is ongoing with significant work occurring in the next few months.
- Exterior roofing is near completion and the building is expected to be completely covered by the end of March.
The grounds, which include the parking lot, will begin late spring.
- Storm water management for the property is 90% completed with scheduled completion in late spring.
- Construction on Eagle Road, which includes the new intersection off of Hillcrest Road, will begin in April and will continue for up to 10 weeks. To accommodate traffic most of the work will be done at night, after peak hours.
- Overall construction is moving along rapidly with an expected opening of October 2013.