Quick-Thinking Neighbor Saves Haverford Home from Fire
Jim Capobianchi kept the fire at bay with a hose until the professionals arrived. No one was injured.
A family on the 400 block of Upland Road certainly has a lot to be thankful for this New Year.
According to the Delaware County Daily Times, a savvy neighbor saved their house after a deck fire broke out the afternoon of December 30.
“My first thought was to make sure everybody was out,” Jim Capobianchi told the paper, explaining how, after he saw black smoke and made sure no one was in harm’s way, he grabbed a hose and kept the fire at bay until the pros could arrive.
The Manoa, Brookline and Llanerch Fire Companies eventually extingished the fire, which injured no one.
Read the full story here.