Saturday night's Powerball jackpot has climbed to $550 million—the second highest Powerball prize of all time. A winner who matches all five numbers and the red Powerball can get a $350.1 million cash payout (before taxes).
The Powerball drawing is held every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m.
The largest Powerball Jackpot cash payout to date was $384 million and was won in November 2012 in Arizona and Missouri.
Here are some local places to buy Powerball tickets:
- 7-Eleven, 143 W Eagle Road
- Beer Guys, 1305 West Chester Pike
- Boccella Deli, 37 W Eagle Road
- Centrellas Deli, 10 Brookline Boulevard
- Havertown Beverage, 2208 Darby Road
- Sunoco, 400 E Township Line Road
- Manoa Diner, 1305 West Chester Pike
- McIntyre Deli, 1200 Roosevelt Drive
- Rite Aid, 1305 West Chester Pike
- Super Fresh, 1305 West Chester Pike
- Wawa, 33-35 Eagle Road
- Wawa, 1000 Darby Road
To find other Powerball vendors in the Philadelphia area, plug an address or ZIP code into the Pennsylvania Lottery website's retailer-locator application.
Here's How to Play Powerball, according to the PA Lottery:
- Visit your PA Lottery retailer and pick up a Powerball Lottery playslip. Each game is $2. For an additional dollar, you can select the Powerball Power Play® option.
- Play up to five panels on your Powerball playslip. On each game panel, select five numbers from 1 to 59 in the top grid, and select one number from 1 to 35 in the bottom grid – that’s your Powerball number! Or, select the quick pick option to have your numbers randomly selected by the computer.
- Be sure to check your Powerball ticket as soon as you receive it to verify that the information is correct and legible.