Get Out Haverford! Seussical, Artists Opening Reception and More
A rundown of what's going down in and around the township this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday, Feb. 15 from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Main Line Art Center 746 Panmure Rd, Haverford
- Why Go: Main Line Art Center is proud to present the work of their Professional Artist Members. Selected through an competitive process, these 56 Members represent some of the most talented artists working in our region.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16 from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Union United Methodist Church of Havertown 200 Brookline Blvd, Havertown
- Why Go: "Jumble" is the British word for rummage sale. Items available will be adult and children's clothing, toys, linens, household goods, books and small furniture pieces. Proceeds from the sale will be used to continue the mission work of the church.
- When: Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Township Free Library
- Why Go: Ken Gavin, will be in period Union army dress and interpret a soldier from the 28th Pennsylvania Regiment. He discusses his reasons for joining the Union army, why he is fighting, his transformation from being a civilian to a soldier and battle experiences.
- When: Friday, Feb. 15 and Saturday, Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 17 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Haverford Middle School
- Why Go: The Haverford Middle School Theater Company presents Seussical Jr.
- Cost: $5
- When: Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Harriton High School 600 N Ithan Ave, Bryn Mawr
- Why Go: Come with the Merion Concert Band on a trip around the world. From Spain with the fiery pasodoble Amparito Roca, to Ireland and Scotland to experience Gaelforce, and much more.
- Cost: Free