Calling all young artists and activists: the Llanerch Fire Company is holding a poster decorating contest for kids to help promote Fire Prevention Month.
Here are the rules:
- The contest is open to students enrolled in any school or program from pre-k through fifth grade.
- Categories and prizes are as follows -- pre-k and kindergarten through fifth grade first and second place winners will each get a trophy. The overall winner will receive a trophy and $50.
- The poster must have a fire prevention theme, as well as be an original work.
- All work is to be completed by the student.
- One entry per student.
- Posters must be 28 by 22 inches or smaller, no parts of the poster can extend out of the actual poster, no lighters or matches can be used on the poster.
- The student's name, school and grade must all be put on the back of the poster.
- The student's name should only be on the back of the poster.
- All entires must be dropped off at the Llanerch Fire Company by Oct. 7 at 1 p.m.
- All students who entered the contest must be present at the drawing on Oct. 12 from 6:30-9 p.m.
- All posters, after submitted, are the property of Llanerch Fire Company and will not be returned.
For more information, contact Deputy Chief Chris Millay at email@example.com.